Release notes for ircu2.10.07
These are the release notes for ircu2.10.07.
Since the previous version, 30 patches have been added.
Here is a list of the most important changes:
- Fixed the user-exploitable "
/join #,0^G" bug.
- The dbuf code has been redone and several old bugs in it are
- User, oper, gline, and whox logging has been greatly cleaned
up. As part of this change, ircd will now create the log files if
they are missing. If you were relying on this behavior to stop
logging, it will not work anymore.
- Internal support for m4 preprocessing of the conf file has
- The standard C lib fileio functions and dgets code have been
- Client connection and exit notices have been modified to
provide more info and match hybrid-ircd's format.
- For portability reasons, all long ints have been removed.
Only 32 bit OSes are supported, and ircd doesn't use anything
bigger than 32 bits.
- Lots of config and autoconf changes for OSF. OSF+gcc is still
an ugly combination with lots of warnings, but at least it
compiles now. Many warnings have been fixed.
- The resolver has been fixed to prevent DNS spoofing.
- The source code has been modified for use with GNU indent
(Minneapolis, Sep 1999)